Permanent position: EHS Engineer needed at a leading manufacturer located in West Columbia, SC. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Safety Engineer
Requirements for the Safety Engineer
- Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- - Examines plans and specifications for new machinery or equipment to determine if all safety precautions have been included.
- Tours plant to inspect fire and safety equipment, machinery and facilities to identify and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Determines requirements for safety clothing and devices, and designs, builds and installs or directs installation of safety devices on machinery.
- Conducts or coordinates safety training to educate workers about emergency response, safety policies, laws and practices.
- Investigates industrial accidents to minimize recurrence and prepares accident reports.
- Conducts air quality tests for presence of harmful gases and vapors.
- Responsible for identifying health and safety hazards and recommending corrective actions.
- Serves as internal consultant to business units on ergonomics, hazardous materials, industrial hygiene and fire and chemical safety matters.
- Perform internal and external audits
- Bachelor's degree in related health and safety field preferred
- Must have 3+ years of EHS experience in manufacturing
- Comprehensive benefit package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.