Contract position: We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a leading defense contractor in Sunnyvale, CA. This is a contract position that is expected to last until September 2019 with possible extension based on performance. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Design and develop components and systems for naval propulsion and power generation applications involving turbines, electric motors, gearboxes and generator sets.
- Developing new designs from concept through detailed design, manufacture and test phases.
- Job responsibilities also include supporting manufacturing activities on existing production contracts.
- Travel will be required to support supplier and customer meetings.
- Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- Basic engineering principles such as stress and thermal analyses, electromechanical design, and trade study evaluations.
- CAD experience such as ProE or NX, are required.
- Basic knowledge of ANSI Y14.5 drawing standards and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing is also necessary
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in an interactive group environment is essential.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.