Permanent position: A growing automotive manufacturer is seeking a Supplier Quality Assurance professional to join their team. This person will review and configure initial Sample Reports for the qualification of ECS, PCR and other changes. The ideal candidate will be analytical and adept at solving problems with supplied parts, internal and external processes and vehicle systems. Candidates with automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier experience are highly desirable. Responsibilities for the Supplier Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Utilize part drawings, technical specifications and other standards to determine part requirements and conformance to those requirements
- Train and support supplier contracts regarding company Quality Procedures, Forms, Standard Quality Methods/Tools
- Serve as subject expert for department and plant as applicable for cross functional teams, audit groups and training
- Review and create Problem and Countermeasure Reports from suppliers.
- Lead process audits
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
- 5+ years in Supplier Quality, Manufacturing Quality or Manufacturing Engineering position
- Experience with injection molding, rubber extrusion and glass manufacturing
- Understanding of PPAP or ISR Process as well as PFMEA and Control Plans
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- ASQ/SME/Six Sigma or other applicable professional certificates are desirable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.