Contract position: A Transmission Field Services Scheduler is needed for a world class utility company in the Shreveport, LA area. This role is responsible for scheduling pre-determined work activities of Transmission field personnel plans. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Scheduler
Requirements for the Scheduler
- Develop fully integrated resource loaded and levelized TFS work schedules that optimize maintenance work plans, capital outage work, and other TFS work activities using Transmission approved scheduling software and tools.
- Manage TFS outage requests, including entering outages into TOA or its successor, verifying that all required outages have been entered, and ensuring that all outage requests are approved by TOps.
- Organize, coordinate and conduct the TOMSS outage coordination meetings. Coordinate changes to the work schedule when an outage needs to be canceled or rescheduled.
- Bachelor's degree in a field such as Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management. At least 6 years of related technical experience.
- Knowledge of the major components in a substation that are used to isolate a faulted power transformer. Ability to read a substation one-line diagram and understanding of what trip testing is.
- Experience working in the field with relay systems, circuit breakers, transformers, and switches. Familiarity with SCADA, differential relay operation, reduced and inadequate protection and turns ratio required.
- Protection and Controls (P&C) Field Experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.