Permanent position: Senior Project Engineer - Product Development needed at a leading medical device manufacturer located in Carpinteria, CA. Excellent relocation package. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Product Engineer
Requirements for the Product Engineer
- Partners with clinicians to conceive, prototype and develop novel Class I and II medical devices in the ENT/HNS space.
- Leads multiple cross-functional project teams to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Assesses new technologies and new product ideas for technical feasibility.
- Identifies and selects novel biomaterials for medical devices and establishes biocompatibility profile through testing and/or literature search.
- Creates and maintains Design Controls documentation in accordance with established regulatory requirements and SOPs.
- Helps define User Needs through collaboration with Marketing, Clinical and external medical experts.
- Translates User Needs into Design Input Requirements to comply with regulatory requirements and best-practice standards.
- Participates in Design Verification testing activities to ensure Design Outputs satisfy Design Input Requirements.
- Provides technical input for projects at all stages of the product life cycle.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline; Advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing silicone and/or plastic products from concept through production.
- Medical Device experience required.
- Project Management experience and working knowledge of MS Project.
- Experience with design controls and design history file (DHF)
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Relocation package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.