Contract position: A Supply Management Specialist is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Fuquay-Varina, NC area. This position will support the negotiation of supply agreements with specific suppliers resulting in cost models, an implementation strategy and a documented agreement, ensuring the company meets its overall goals for cost, quality, continuity of supply. No per diem available. No travel required.Responsibilities for the Specialist
Requirements for the Specialist
- Build and develop a supply base for procuring complex and strategic materials, products, supplies and services. Coordinate and lead efforts to address chronic supplier performance issues.
- Ensure the development and implementation of enterprise/divisional strategies, defining and integrating supply chains that support Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP) and Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP).
- Support the Engineering Change Management (ECM) process so design changes and product improvements are implemented in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Management or equivalent work experience. At least 1 year of relevant supply management/purchasing experience.
- Experience with new product development Project Management for medium to large projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.