Permanent position: Leading chemical company near Linden, NJ seeking a health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) Engineer. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years' safety engineering experience in a manufacturing setting. Familiarity with state and federal regulations is required, as well as a Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering. Process simulation and dispersion modelling software knowledge a plus. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Light relocation, local candidates preferred.Responsibilities for the Environmental Health Safety Engineer
Requirements for the Environmental Health Safety Engineer
- Lead Process Hazard Analyses, risk assessments and Layer of Protection Analyses (LOPA).
- Responsible for chemical plant process safety analyses, reviews, corrective recommendations and compliance pertinent to state and federal regulations
- Review process designs and management of change requests to ensure compliance with safety engineering standards.
- Interact with government agencies during site inspections and emergencies
- Support process and project engineers on safety issues and risk reduction
- Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5-10 years' experience in process design and safety engineering in manufacturing
- Experience in process safety technology and regulatory compliance
- Negotiation skills
- knowledge/experience in Continuous Improvement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.