Contract position: A Systems Safety Engineer is needed for a company that manufactures products for locomotives, freight cars and passenger transit vehicles, and builds new locomotives up to 4,000 horsepower in the Cedar Rapids, IA area. This position will understand, guide, and document the demonstration of safety for newly developed Positive Train Control systems to both internal and external customers. No per diem available. Some travel will be required.Responsibilities for the System Safety Engineer
Requirements for the System Safety Engineer
- Analyze and document systems under development for hazardous condition and provide meaningful solutions to development team.
- Understand architecture requirements for high integrity computing solutions. Conduct Hazard Analysis. Risk Assessment and mitigation.
- Develop system level failure and fall back documents for external customers. Build fault trees that reflect the identified hazards an mitigating in an accurate manner.
- Bachelor's degree in preferably Electrical Engineering and at least 5 years of system safety engineering experience.
- Familiarity with CAFTA, FTAs, and FMEAs. Railroad experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.