Permanent position: A growing automotive manufacturer is seeking a Quality Process Engineer to join its growing team. This person will be working in IPC Assembly operations. Candidates with automotive manufacturing experience, preferably within an assembly process dealing with critical or vital torque control, are desirable. Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Lead, prioritize and assign problem solving activity for chronic or repetitive defects affecting plant performance
- Follow up on all issued corrective action reports to assure adequate response from the responsible shops
- Collect and analyze data from manufacturing processes to identify root cause on complex issues involving function of various systems of an automobile
- Perform studies on fasteners and draw conclusions from the data collected
- BS in ME + 5 years of experience (as a Quality of Process Engineer and/or in an industrial manufacturing environment)
- Must have a strong understanding of torque and axel tension
- Able to design and perform studies to identify root cause to be able to aid in the countermeasure process
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required, as well as the ability to read print and technical drawings.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.