Permanent position: Our client, a large manufacturing company, is looking for a Mechanical Project Engineer for their plant in Shreveport, LA. The Mechanical Project Engineer is responsible for developing new plant project specifications with a team of specialists accross several disciplines. This is a great company with a great benefits package! Candidates need to have a BSME, and 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing enviornment. Relocation assistance available!Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Provide preliminary engineering and cost estimates for projects, as well as detailed scopes of work to support capital project.
- Organize and structure planned and unplanned repairs and preventive maintenance routines in a manner that will ensure efficient operation of equipment and plant operating systems.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to plant personnel and maintain engineering documentation, CAD, and other drawing files, which support project work and engineering.
- Must be capable of analyzing complex operational issues using Six Sigma tools.
- Lead participate in Green Belt projects / cost saving initiatives including championing Profit Impact Innovation and Growth Pillar.
- Must have had prior experience in a plant-engineering role.
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in manufacturing.
- Experience in supervising and the ability to lead engineering teams and skilled craftsman in installation, start-up activities and capital projects.
- Experience applying Lean Manufacturing principles or maintenance related systems.
- Able to create and manipulate drawings in Auto-CAD or Solid Works.
- Manage financial aspects of major project teams including estimating expenditures, identifying financial alternatives, contributing to the creation of capital requests, purchasing materials and/or services, monitoring and tracking costs.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations including conversions, weights, measurements, volume and distance along with statistical abilities.
- OSHA facilities and equipment compliance trained as well as Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Manufacturing Certification preferred.
- Having a Professional Engineering License would be a plus.
- Competitive benefits that start on day 1!
- Bonus Potential
- Great relocation package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.