Permanent position: Yard Operations Manager needed for company near Aurora, IL. This position will be responsible for overseeing the management of intercompany and customer freight as required. This person will be responsible for the yard at their site as well as all maintenance of all equipment in their yard. Relocation available.Responsibilities for the Operations Manager
Requirements for the Operations Manager
- Provide direction and leadership to the operations team (Yard and Warehouse and operations support employees)
- Manage all aspects of Inventory Control
- Manage and deploy operational resources in a manner to ensure all customer and company requirements are met
- Associates Degree, combined with five years of related working experience or equivalent.Training or experience in any of the following areas preferred:- Industrial Engineering Technician- Process Mapping for Continuous Improvement- Lean Management Principles- Six Sigma
- Experience supervising union employees preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.