Contract position: Large utility located in the Central US area has immediate need for a Scheduler in Jackson MI. This position is within the Maintenance & Construction Scheduling department and provides direct support for the Gas Distribution Department. This is a contract position expected to last 12 months. Great contractor benefits. Apply Now!Responsibilities for the Scheduler
Requirements for the Scheduler
- Plan and schedule underground gas construction, maintenance and emergency work
- Monitor, prioritize, and assign workload according to resources, staffing, and geography, making appropriate adjustments as necessary.
- Facilitate and participate in weekly meetings between Field Leaders, Work Schedulers, and other internal departments.
- Monitor gas leak compliance dates and schedule accordingly
- Ensure proper permitting with municipalities, ensure proper safety requirements with Miss Dig, and facilitate coordination between other additional agencies as necessary.
- A High School Diploma is required, AS or BS is desired
- 2+ years of customer service or technical experience
- Prior scheduling experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- SAP or similar work management system experience
- Utility experience or knowledge is preferred
- Medical plan available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.