Contract position: A Transmission Technical Writer is needed for a world class utility company in the New Albany, OH area. This role is responsible for providing the Transmission Business Operations Programs organization with the highest quality documentation of processes and systems. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Technical Writer
Requirements for the Technical Writer
- Support Transmission Business Operations Programs with its continuous improvement, process documentation, and process controls programs.
- Assist or independently prepare and update documentation plans. Prepare outline of content and written text. Coordinate layout and organization of manuals and other documents.
- Research, develop, review and coordinate new procedures and changes to existing procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Technical Writing, or a technological field. At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the Electric Utility industry is highly preferred. Excellent technical communication skills which include writing and editing are a must.
- Proficient in help authoring tools such as Visio, Adobe RoboHelp or MadCap Flare. Knowledge of topic based documentation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.