Permanent position: Growing chemical company in the greater New York City area is seeking an Engineering Specialist. The role is Process Control Systems Engineering. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience working with computer systems in an industrial setting. Cybersecurity experience and proficiency with Microsoft operating system required. Antivirus experience, data management, maintenance of system hardware in an industrial setting are all a large part of this job. Plant is a 24/7 operation, occasional after hours response (remote and/or onsite) may be required. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.Responsibilities for the Process Control Engineer
Requirements for the Process Control Engineer
- Take ownership of the site Process Control Domain, managing its policies and maintaining its network.
- Maintain Process Control System network including its functions and security and reliability of all components
- Lead hardware improvements and troubleshoot servers, cables, network switches, video cameras and other hardware
- Initiate software improvements including process and regulatory data collection, Wonderware InBatch, paging system and ASPEN InfoPlus 21
- Work with engineering, operations and vendors for system patches, hot fixes, scans and restoring systems and processes
- B.S. in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- At least 5 years' experience with Industrial systems engineering
- Experience with antivirus applications such as McAffee a plus
- PLC troubleshooting experience - programming a plus
- Willingness to be on call for remote/onsite response
- A strong understanding of batch and continuous process plant operations
- Excellent full benefits and 10% target bonus
- Will consider relocation for the right candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.