Contract position: A Drafter/Designer is needed for a company that manufactures products for locomotives, freight cars and passenger transit vehicles, and builds new locomotives up to 4,000 horsepower in the Duquesne, PA area. This position will prepare clear, complete and accurate drawings for shop fabrication along with providing engineering assistance to the Purchasing and Production departments. No per diem available. No travel is required. Work hours: Mon-Fri, 7:30 AM - 4:30 PMResponsibilities for the Designer
Requirements for the Designer
- Prepare general arrangement and detail drawings, checking dimension of parts material to be used and relation of various parts to whole project.
- Requisition materials for production, prepare work orders and shop transmittals. Check purchase orders for accuracy and correctness.
- Prepare plate layouts to be cut on the burn table.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD as a minimum. Inventor or other 3-D package experience preferred.
- Must have average proficiency with Excel, Word and other Microsoft products. Heat Exchanger experience a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.