Permanent position: Production Engineer opportunity with a refinery located near the Shreveport, LA area. This is a hand on position working with all plant personnel, safety, and maintenance in all areas of the refinery responsible for monitoring and optimizing unit operations to include working directly with operators for process conditions and parameters to meet optimization criteria. This position is bonus eligible. Relocation is available for eligible candidates.Responsibilities for the Production Engineer
Requirements for the Production Engineer
- Provide day to day instruction on unit operating conditions to achieve throughput, reliability and quality objectives
- Provide process engineering support to achieve operational goals of process safety, HSE compliance, consistent and high product quality, efficiency improvement, unit cost reduction
- Lead root cause analysis studies to resolve plant process and equipment related issues
- Interface with other most other plant functions including Operations, Maintenance, Lab, Engineering, HSE, Distribution, etc.
- Development KPI metrics/monitoring systems and tools to drive efficiency improvements and identify opportunities for improvement
- Other duties as required
- BS in Chemical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering
- Approximately 5 or more years experience working in a refining, chemical, or similar heavy industrial environment
- Demonstrated experience in industrial operations
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, and ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with limited or incomplete information
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and handle multiple projects and deadlines
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.