Contract position: Utility power Transmission Reliability Engineer needed for a long term contract role in NE Atlanta, GA. Candidate will work to improve overall operations and performance of the electric power transmission system. Responsibilities for the Transmission Engineer
Requirements for the Transmission Engineer
- Candidate will work to accumulate, analyze, interpret, monitor, and report data and information for the overall operations and performance of the electric power transmission system
- Responsible for supporting and executing system reliability plans, processes, guidelines, and procedures and supporting senior engineers to improve transmission system performance
- Assist in identifying ways to best utilize existing equipment monitoring data to proactively id problems and prevent failures
- BS Engineering or Technology degree required
- 5 + years of experience in transmission planning, protection, construction, maintenance, reliability, and/or operations with a power utility
- Ability to pass NERC CIP personnel risk assessment screening, valid Georgia Driver's License, ability to pass ITS qualified operator training course required
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with PRiSM software or similar desirable.
- PE a plus!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.