Contract position: A Mechanical Engineer for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Kennebunk, ME area. This position will support the design and development of new product / processes or improvements to existing processes. No per diem is available. 5% travel is required.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Obtain functional requirements from workstream owners and subject matter experts and develop mechanical designs. Conduct design reviews with work stream owners and then initiate and manage fabrication.
- Document all work product or design changes. Complete metrology needs for tooling, equipment, plastic parts, and reverse engineering needs.
- Support all work streams as a team member. Assist with all aspects of product and process development when needed. Examples include helping run the process, operating inspection systems, forming samples Qualifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and at least 2 years of experience in an engineering/manufacturing/laboratory setting.
- Ability to design and implement equipment and experimental apparatus (fixtures, test beds, tooling) with engineering first principles.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.