Permanent position: Controls Engineer - The Controls Engineer is a DIRECT HIRE position that works closely with Maintenance and Operations personnel to keep steel making equipment operating safely and reliably while maintaining high quality and cost control standards. The individual will primarily focus on the development and implementation of automation systems for the Melt Shop and Hot Rolling Mill processes. SIEMENS PLC and Wonderware experience required Company offers a lump sum relocation benefit of $25k for homeowners and $15k for renters. Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Assist in maintaining Variable Frequency Drives, Programmable Logic Controllers, instrumentation, plant communication networks, process computers and related equipment.
- Maintain Programmable Logic Controller programs and modify Graphical User Interface programs (HMI) as needed to support departmental needs.
- Assist and lead, as required, the programming efforts for the installation of new equipment
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related discipline
- Minimum of 3-years of Level II Process Automation experience or a 2-year degree in related technical discipline and 5-years of Level II Process Automation experience..
- Steel industry experience is preferred
- Ability to interpret hydraulic and electrical equipment drawings.
- Candidate must have superior computer skills, a high level of SIEMENS PLC programming experience, and excellent electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Candidate must possess knowledge of Wonderware, Ethernet, Profibus, RS-232, and Hart communication protocols and have a solid understanding of databases and programming languages
- Full time role with excellent benefits
- Company offers a lump sum relocation benefit of $25k for homeowners and $15k for renters.
- Bonus eligible
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.