Contract position: A Product Design Engineer is needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the Mountain View, CA area. This position will help define architecture, provide design, test & validation requirements, oversee physical engineering design and work cross-functionally on system integration. No per diem available. Some travel may be required.Responsibilities for the Product Design Engineer
Requirements for the Product Design Engineer
- Lead ME hardware development for the company program from concept into production. Design for function, reliability, human factors, manufacturability and cosmetic requirements.
- Engage in establishing technology roadmaps and creating proof of concept prototypes. Manage vendors to ensure quality of technical deliverables.
- Lead all ME related failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving on products and platforms; including those related to architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, or a related field.
- Experience in Mechanical Engineering in areas such as plastic injection molding, sheet metal, extrusion and die casting.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.