Contract position: A Development Engineer is needed for a multinational automotive corporation in the Detroit, MI area. This role will provide Manufacturing Engineering support for the planning department. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Review of new or revised product designs and identify production requirements. Suggest product design modifications where applicable. Make tooling and fixture recommendations including budget estimates as part of the review process.
- Assist in integrating equipment, systems, materials, facilities, and processes into a cohesive, cost efficient and production manufacturing system. Research vendor sources, request quotations, select vendors, set due date, issue requisitions (coordinate with Purchasing), schedule tryouts, and approve tooling.
- Qualification of new/existing machining and assembly equipment according to DDC quality standards. Evaluate current machining and assembly processes for improvement opportunities. Recommend process changes and coordinate the implementation of these changes.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or related field. At least 2+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of different types of machining processe, materials, and methods of manufacture. AutoCAD knowledge, proficiency in Microsoft Office, and SPC & GD&T knowledge.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.