Contract position: Manufacturing Engineer needed for an opportunity in Florence, SC. The Engineer will be responsible for participating in the development and support execution of quality processes, problem solving, and continuous improvement through collaboration with corporate Quality, Product/Manufacturing Engineering, and Operations. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Plan, direct, and coordinates manufacturing processes: Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of materials and parts, process variables, tooling and production equipment capabilities, process methods, and quality control standards.
- Confers with vendors to determine product guidelines and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials and tooling and evaluates products based upon process window and quality standards.
- Applies statistical methods and data driven problem solving to supply capable equipment, tools, materials and processes to manufacturing.
- Continually monitor, analyze, and resolve process problems. Document all proposals for improved efficiencies and make adjustments as required.
- Participate in the advanced product quality planning FMEA activities for the development of the control plan.
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related technical field
- 2+ years of related engineering experience - Automotive industry highly preferred
- Knowledge of automation systems and controls is required
- Working knowledge of ISO/TS Quality Standards, VDA, Black Belt training, and Document Control.
- Experience with MS Access, Minitab, MS Excel, PLC programming and/or experience with MS SQL a plus.
- Competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.