Contract position: A Multi-Discipline Engineer for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Hickory, NC area. This position will provide technical guidance to a team that delivers new products in order to ensure that the project is feasible and achieves desired objectives. No per diem is available. No travel expected.Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Provide project leadership for key project including new product and process development. Establish overall project plan (scope, schedule, cost estimates, project acceptance criteria, and risk management, etc.)
- Remove obstacles to effective project execution by coordinating and communicating with functional support departments and internal and external customers and suppliers.
- Lead and handle cross-functional project resources to achieve successful implementation of project. Communicate results, progress to plan, and any key issues to customer(s), partners, and team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 7 years of experience in a manufacturing or laboratory setting.
- Understanding of root cause analysis, and problem-solving methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.