Contract position: Our client in Gardena, CA has an immediate opening for an Assembly Production Engineering. This is a supervising role and will be leading a team of assemblers, machinist and other production positions. This role requires the ability to understand and discuss in great detail, plans and designs with a team of engineers and designers. The ideal candidate will have a passion for assessing workforce requirements, guiding employee development as well as overseeing and enforcing work environment and safety practices. Syteline knowledge is a plus!!!!Responsibilities for the Production Engineer
Requirements for the Production Engineer
- Assembly Production Engineering Supervisor will oversee the Assembly and Packing team.
- Will communicate effectively with the design and engineering teams, discussing project details and objectives, as well as read and act upon detailed drawings, BOMs, Packing Lists, etc.
- Steer projects and team, to stay on course for an on time completion on varying and detailed projects.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or 10+ years of industry experience with 5 or more years in a leadership/supervisor role in assembly or fabrication.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, problem-solving skills Skilled in the maintenance and use of basic battery, electric and air-powered hand tool.
- ERP/MRP experience, preferably utilizing Infor/Syteline
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.