Contract position: A Controls Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Painted Post, NY area. This position will participate in engineering project teams that are responsible to deliver robust, cost effective automation and process machine systems to the company's manufacturing plants and processes. No per diem is available. No travel is expected. Rotating shift for 2 weeks on, two weeks off: 8am - 8pm and 8pm - 8am.Responsibilities for the Controls Technician
Requirements for the Controls Technician
- Work closely with controls engineers to implement control sequence logic (both time-based and event-based), fail-safe states, and process /equipment recovery sequences.
- Accurately estimate timeframe to complete assigned project work once scope of work is adequately defined and then complete work to agreed-to timeline.
- Drive the deployment of defined control architectures, control system standards, and system integration that will satisfy process and manufacturing requirements.
- Associate's degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience integrating field devices for flow control, material handling and metering, motion control, temperature control, and associated safety systems into an overall controls package enabling a fully-functional equipment platform.
- Understanding of electrical design practices, machine / motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, robotics, programming, and system integration.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.