Contract position: Senior Buyer needed in Houston TX. This position coordinates complex purchases of materials and equipment to meet business requirements. It requires a comprehensive understanding of Supply Chain Management and/or may also have specialized knowledge specific to midstream oil & Gas. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Analyzes material requests, investigates supply sources, prepares request for proposal/quotation packages, conducts bid openings, evaluates proposals to determine best total value, prepares award recommendations and issues purchase orders.
- Prepares all aspects of procurement processes including negotiated terms and conditions
- Negotiates with suppliers: establishing price, delivery, payment terms, value-add and change orders.
- Researches sources of supply; determines sole source validity and methods of procurement action
- Facilitates manufacturing preproduction meetings for key engineered goods.
- Performs all post purchase activities prior to material delivery throughout the term of the contract
- University Degree in Supply Chain, business, communication or related field
- 4+ years of purchasing experience
- Proficiency working with ERP systems, preferably Oracle
- Professional Supply Chain Certifications or enrollment in Supply Chain Professional organizations is prefered
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.