Permanent position: A Lithium Battery Development Engineer is needed for an exciting opportunity at a growing custom electronics manufacturer in the New Bedford, MA area. The ideal candidate will have their BSEE and at least 3 years related experience with Lithium Ion battery systems including BMS, charging and pack design. Experience with ECAD tools for schematic capture and board layout is required. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Designing, prototyping, and testing custom battery packs for different applications, and moving them onto production
- Working with internal and external customers to define requirements, identify risks, and develop specifications
- Creating and coordinating system diagrams, schematic capture, simulation, board layout, firmware requirements, and electronic requirements and specifications
- Supporting electronic design for batteries, chargers, and power systems
- Derivation, testing, and validation of electrical and controls requirements
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering, ECE, or other related field
- 3+ years experience with Lithium Ion battery systems including BMS, charging and pack design
- Experience with ECAD tools for schematic capture and board layout, as well as experience with Low Power Microcontrollers (Amtel, Seiko, and Texas Instruments)
- Any experience with injection molded plastic design is a plus!
- Excellent benefits package
- Competitive salary
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.