Permanent position: Supplier Development Engineer needed for a client located just West of Metro Detroit. This is a Tier 1 automotive supplier and expeirence with stamped and welded parts is a must. Salary will be based on expeirence.Responsibilities for the Supplier Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Supplier Quality Engineer
- Identifies current and future service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual suppliers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Determines value improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or applications in the supplier's manufacturing environment and engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains supplier acceptance and trust by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree in industrial field (i.e. engineering, operations) preferred; relevant experience considered in lieu of education
- More than 3 years experience in manufacturing, engineering, industrial sales, or related area, preferred in the automotive industry
- Proven ability to maintain positive customer and supplier relationships
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.