Contract position: A GIS Technician is needed for a diversified energy company in the Greensburg, PA area. This role is responsible for Assist with preparing and maintaining specialized electrical schematic drawings using AutoCAD and reconciling connectivity and attributes with GIS, other records systems and actual installations. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the GIS Technician
Requirements for the GIS Technician
- Assist in developing and manipulating GIS queries of data for investigations, special projects and statistical analysis. Assist operations services personnel to resolve issues with GIS, AutoCAD, and GIS View systems.
- Receive, process and file all incoming records. Participate in Safety Fair, safety meetings and training, and perform safety inspections. Assist with the resolution of GMS configuration issues.
- Perform GIS design work (i.e., post, promote, correct completed designs, verify attributes, maps and promote joint use jobs, and update streetlight and transformer records.) Review work request packages and plan the work, update maps, prints and GIS design.
- Post completed work requests to GIS database, and maps and records systems by interpreting construction prints, work management information, and field inspections.
- Use automated processes to digitize new GIS features, such as transmission line corridors. Import sub-division maps into GIS Design using Auto Desk.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Technology or related discipline; or Associates degree in Engineering Technology or related discipline and 2+ years of related or experience; or High School diploma (or GED) plus 4+ of related work experience.
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance practices, procedures, work methods, materials, equipment and tools which would be used to determine the resources necessary to perform construction and maintenance work activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.