Contract position: An Engineering Technician is needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the Mountain View, CA area. This position will be responsible for instrumentation and data acquisition for a variety of vehicle reliability and durability tests (structural, powertrain, and environmental durability). No per diem available. 33% travel will be required.Responsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Install and setup test equipment and instrumentation and sensors. Perform on-site support and testing while monitoring and validating data.
- Purchase, maintain and repair sensor library and coordinate calibration activities. Design and create custom brackets and fixtures.
- Support test activities including vehicle preparation and tear-down.
- At least 3 years of instrumentation and data acquisition experience. General automotive experience.
- Knowledgeable in strain gauge, transducer, thermocouple application theory.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.