Contract position: Quality Engineer needed in Fletcher NC for a contract position estimated to last 6 months, possible extension. Responsibility is to effectively monitor the execution of all APQP plant related Quality deliverables on-time and meeting the Quality Objective Targets and PPAP by Start of Production (SOP). This function will support all APQP related activities at a plant level within Fletcher and Forest City manufacturing facilities Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Develop a comprehensive APQP timeline for new product launches (Fletcher and FC)
- Ensure development of the Prototype, Pre-Production and Production Control Plans (for DV Release, PV Release and Customer Part Approval key measures)
- Develop the Measurement System Analysis Plan for the program
- Negotiate, together with our Engineering and Program Managers, acceptable GD&T targets and acceptances
- Evaluate the gaging strategy required to meet the GD&T.
- Ensure that Gage Studies (Gage R&R, Bias, Linearity and Stability) are conducted on all gaging used on the program and that appropriate corrective actions are taken to improve Gage R&R where data indicates
- A BS degree (preferably in a BSEE technical field of study) and 3 or more years of post-degree Quality Engineering experience
- ASQC/CQM/CQE certification preferred
- Specific education / training and applied experience in Quality disciplines is required, including (at a minimum):IATF16949, Continuous Improvement, Total Quality Management, AIAG Advanced Quality Planning, PPAP, D/PFMEAs, Control Plans, DOEs, MSA/gaging/fixturing, Dimensional layouts, Manufacturing Quality Systems and SPC.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.