Contract position: Supplier Quality Engineer needed in Fletcher NC for a contract position estimated to last 6 months, possible extension. The Supplier Quality Engineer is the technical liaison between purchasing, product engineering, internal manufacturing, and the supply base. In this role, the Supplier Quality Engineer works with suppliers to implement and monitor advanced quality planning systems, resolve supplier manufacturing issues and provide technical support as required. Apply Now! Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Assure supplier understanding and compliance with APQP processes and product PPAP submission and approval requirements.
- Review and approve supplier quality plans for new component parts and assemblies on new launch programs.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems.
- Implement and monitor supplier part qualification and certification processes.
- Determine root cause of supplier manufacturing problems and implementing timely, effective, and efficient quality resolutions.
- Provide technical assistance during supplier launch, change-over and ongoing production activities.
- Monitor and develop Suppliers' quality performance
- A BS degree
- 3 to 5 years' experience in quality or manufacturing
- ASQC/CQM/CQE certification preferred
- Proficient in print reading and interpretation, part measurement, gage design and function.
- Technical and Quality Certifications are a plus (CQE, etc)
- Experience using problem solving tools such as 8D, Red-X, DFSS, 5Why, and Fishbone
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.