Contract position: A CAD Design Engineer is needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the Redmond, WA area. This position will work with the company Datacenter Automation Systems team to define product specifications for robotics, autonomous vehicles, and material handling systems. No per diem available. No travel is anticipated. Responsibilities for the CAD Designer
Requirements for the CAD Designer
- Work with senior engineering staff to define product specifications. Use CAD software such as AutoCad,Inventor, Solidworks, or ProE to design building scale automation systems, components, robotic work cells.
- Document design details and make schematic drawings for contracting components from suppliers.
- Generate design details and schematic drawings from the virtual models for contracting from our supply base. Test and measure components and systems to ensure they meet design standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering and at least 10 years of professional CAD design experience.
- Experience with Solidworks, Autocad, Creo/ProE computer aided design systems -Layout planning and optimization -Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.