Permanent position: Precision Mechanical Inspector/CMM Operator needed for a great organization in the north shore of Massachusetts. Performs In-Process and Final dimensional inspections of close tolerance-machined parts with minimal supervision. This person will perform conventional mechanical inspections using surface-plate set-ups, Micro-hites, Micrometers / Calipers, etc., as well as operating CMMs and non-contact vision systems. Basic PC-DMIS and Calypso software knowledge and programming experience would be a plus. Must possess good verbal and written communication skills. Basic understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and outlook are required. If you have the strong desire to work in a great place, look no further. Apply now!Responsibilities for the Mechanical Inspector
Requirements for the Mechanical Inspector
- Perform conventional mechanical inspections using surface-plate set-ups, Micro-hites, Micrometers / Calipers, etc
- Operate CMMs and non-contact vision systems
- Must have 4 - 5 years' experience as mechanical inspector on high precision machined parts.
- CMM experience using PC-DMIS and Calypso software
- Strong blueprint reading and interpretation skills
- Thorough understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Ability to interface with all departments
- Health and Dental Insurance, Short Term Disability, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick days, Paid Holidays, Night Shift Differential of 10% Tuition Reimbursement, Employee incentive program, an Onsite Fitness Facility and a strong Team environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.