Contract position: A Planner Buyer Agent is needed for a utility holding company in the Amarillo, TX area. This role negotiates service contracts and places Purchase Orders through an ERP system in support of parts/equipment/services. No per diem available. The shift is 8:00am to 5:00pm. Contract could last from 3 - 12 months.Responsibilities for the Planner
Requirements for the Planner
- This role is responsible for contract formation and the issuance of contracts and releases off master agreements via an ERP-type application.
- Work with multiple business areas utilizing RFP processes for evaluating bidders and negotiating and executing agreements within the existing sourcing strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Project Management, Business, Finance or equivalent experience required. Requires 2+ years of Purchasing or logistics experience or previous experience in plant operations or Utility field operation.
- Experience with negotiating terms and conditions is a plus. Familiarity with sourcing best practices a plus. SAP knowledge a plus.
- Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management ( CPSM ) is a plus. Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and ERP systems is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.