Permanent position: Building Engineer opportunity with a manufacturing client located in the Sanford, ME area. This position will be responsible for the overall building maintenance and administrative functions to include safely and effectively operating machinery and systems as well as administrative and budget control for this small manufacturing facility. Responsibilities for the Building Engineer
Requirements for the Building Engineer
- Safely and effectively operating machinery and systems and quickly and professionally responding to the needs of the tenants and the Senior Management Account Team.
- Preventive maintenance with minimum disruption of building services
- Ensuring that building machinery and systems meet or exceed their rated life
- Manage all administrative functions to include budgeting, compliance and reporting
- Professionally interacting with contractors, vendors and consultants as needed
- Support facility specific cost savings targets
- Other duties as typical and needed
- Approximately 10 or more years experience in facility operations
- Good mechanical aptitude combined with sound troubleshooting skills and the capacity to fully resolve problems
- Willingness and ability to ensure all paperwork and compliance information is completed and up to date
- A collaborative approach combined with good interpersonal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professionalism at all times under stressful situations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.