Permanent position: Entry level Controls Engineer needed for a custom equipment manufacturer located near Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This is an excellent ground floor opportunity with plenty of room for growth. In this roll you will provide engineering support, control system recommendations, and assist with the design and development of custom products.Responsibilities for the Controls Engineer
Requirements for the Controls Engineer
- Creates electrical and pneumatic schematics, analyzes prints, troubleshoots and debugs electrical and pneumatic designs, determines material and component specifications, and has experience with controls programming.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of the quoted controls package. Works closely with controls manufacturer (internal or external) during control panel assembly to ensure quality requirements and time line are met. Confirms that package provided is properly documented including but not limited to: drawings, bills of material, schematics, written and verbal instructions.
- Supports the Sales and Production group by being a technical resource for the sales process, conducting training seminars for customers and support for production team as necessary.
- Instrumental in the electrical components and control package supplier selection process.
- Serve as a technical resource for our customers, applies engineering principles, product knowledge and practical experience to make customer recommendations.
- BSEE, BSEET, BS Computer Science or a four year degree in a related field
- Knowledge of industrial control networks, ie. EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, Modbus, etc.
- HMI Programming - Factory Talk, Automation Studio
- PLC Programming using ladder logic and/or function block - Experience with one or more of the following: Rockwell Automation, B&R
- Comprehensive benefits package available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.