Contract position: Immediate need for an EHS Manager a 6+ month assignment. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience establishing and maintaining the health and safety of the plant workforce by monitoring and evaluating health and safety conditions; assuring compliance with applicable policies, procedures and governmental standards; and maintenance of the Power Solutions, Health, Industrial Hygiene and Safety Programs for the facility. This position is located in Florence, SC.Responsibilities for the EH&S Manager
Requirements for the EH&S Manager
- Develop and administer effective occupational health, safety, ergonomics and industrial hygiene programs, including health services functions and maintenance of related policy and procedures.
- Educate, motivate and train line supervision and production personnel in good housekeeping practices, safe work procedures, PPE, etc.
- Monitor, analyze and record performance of the plant exhaust and make-up air ventilation systems.
- Assist Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) in administration of medical surveillance and biological monitoring programs according to OSHA standards and company policies and procedures.
- Administer the respiratory protection program, including quantitative fit testing, respirator distribution, cleaning and sanitizing.
- Serve on the plant safety committee as Co-Chairperson.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Occupational Safety/Industrial Hygiene or related field highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory/management role.
- Previous experience with air sampling and monitoring, medical surveillance, and biological monitoring programs.
- OSHA experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.