Permanent position: Principal Mechanical Engineer needed for a excellent opportunity in the Shelton, CT area. The Principal Mechanical Engineer is responsible for contributing to project teams by developing and designing analytical scientific instrumentation with a primary application in organic material analysis. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Interacting with internal teams which include software, firmware, electrical, manufacturing and service engineers, scientific staff as well as customers
- Primarily responsible for the mechanical definition, design and development of scientific instrumentation with a strong emphasis on automation and motion control.
- Derives technical performance requirements for new instrumentation and automation systems from marketing concepts and market driven data.
- Ability to assess competitive systems and add competitive value to new product developments as needed.
- Mentors less senior engineers in design and analysis techniques. Checks designs and documentation for completeness, accuracy and manufacturability.
- Perform tolerance studies to assure product form, fit and function-ability
- Follows phased-gate development process through the design, manufacturing transition, and commercial release.
- BS Mechanical Engineering (Masters preferred) and 10+ years experience in the design and evaluation of instrumentation and automation products.
- Highly proficient in motion control systems development and analysis is required. LawView experience is a huge plus.
- Highly proficient in SolidWorks, ProE and Excel
- Working knowledge of motors, sensors, vision systems, encoders, linear and rotary motion systems and fluidic controls and design.
- 20% travel is a must!
- Industry leading benefits package available! Apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.