Contract position: Mechanical Engineer needed in Durant Oklahoma for a contract to hire position. This position supports capital planning and machine upgrades for a state of the art manufacturing facility. This person will also provide input into planning and schedule preventative maintenance to ensure a safety first mindsetResponsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Safe design, procurement, installation, and troubleshooting of the plant processing equipment,
- Facilitation of production process improvement initiatives
- Support production needs as necessary for equipment operation and reliability
- Capital budgeting including the evaluation of short and long term capital needs of facility, designing projects, writing project specifications, preparing project budgets, time lines, and procuring documentation for project components, and analyzing expected project benefits
- Preparation of mechanical drawings, details, and performing field inspections
- May coordinate activities between contractors and plant operations during construction projects
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
- Thorough understanding of preventive maintenance principles, technologies, and associated tools (prior certifications in Infrared Thermography and Vibration Analysis preferred)
- Computer skills: Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, computerized document management systems, AutoCAD, and SAP.
- In depth understanding of machinery and maintenance techniques, ability to read blueprints and schematics, with strong mechanical aptitude.
- Project Management: Proven ability to work within project scope and budget.
- 5-years of experience in manufacturing or other similar industry.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.