Contract position: Automation Engineer needed in Durant Oklahoma for a contract to hire opportunity at a state of the steel manufacturing facility. This person will keep steel making equipment operating safely and reliably while maintaining high quality and cost control standards. The individual will primarily focus on the development and implementation of Level II process automation systems for the Post Shop.Responsibilities for the Automation Engineer
Requirements for the Automation Engineer
- Assist in maintaining Variable Frequency Drives, Programmable Logic Controllers, instrumentation, plant communication networks, process computers and related equipment.
- Maintain Programmable Logic Controller programs and modify Graphical User Interface programs (HMI) as needed to support departmental needs
- Search for automation solutions to improve consistency and efficiency in the operation
- Assist and lead the programming efforts for the installation of new equipment
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or a closely related discipline
- 3+ years of Process Automation experience
- Experience must include working with Allen Bradley PLC(s), VFD(s), HMI software/hardware (Control Logix, PowerFlex, PanelView experience)
- Ability to interpret hydraulic and electrical equipment drawings
- Candidate must have superior computer skills, a high level of PLC programming experience, and excellent electrical troubleshooting skills
- Candidate must possess knowledge of Ethernet, Profibus, RS-232, and Hart communication protocols
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.