Contract position: A Senior Mechanical Development Engineer is needed for a multinational automotive corporation in the Portland, OR area. This role will be responsible for integration/specifications of fuel systems into the chassis No per diem available. Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Estimated 5 hours OT/weekResponsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Design and detail vehicle components and systems. Interface with Engineering Analysis personnel to determine the most effective and economic materials to be used in product systems and components.
- Interface with Test & Development personnel to identify and analyze problems encountered in prototype development and testing. Provide creative technically feasible solutions.
- Interface and coordinate with Purchasing, Vendors, Manufacturing, and other Engineering personnel in the bills of materials, value analysis and testing phases of product development. Evaluate state of the art developments in the vehicle industry and apply the latest advances.
- Apply statistical and engineering techniques in designing and testing. Use programming and modeling techniques in conjunction with mathematical analysis.
- Interface with Product Regulation and Compliance personnel to design vehicles that meet government regulations, restrictions, and codes.
- MS degree or BS degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, or commensurate work experience. 6+ years of experience in product engineering design areas required.
- Ability to make sketches, engineering drawings and common computations. Extensive NX, or similar CAD system, experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.