Contract position: Packaging Engineer needed for immediate contract opportunity with a global organization in the Newport Beach, CA area. Client is looking for a very sharp packaging professional who has experience with consumer products and SKU creation and tracking. This position offers a tremendous opportunity!! Apply now for immediate consideration! Responsibilities for the Packaging Engineer
Requirements for the Packaging Engineer
- Manage all code creation and data elements required for new SKU's and components in required system tools
- Review, analyze and cleanse incoming master data requests from Product Development in preparation for DPM record creation
- - Create packaging specifications by coordinating with the departments and/or vendors to gather master data requirements and component specifications
- Create and manage bill of materials
- Troubleshoot technical issues across entire supply chain
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline along with1 year of proven experience in package engineering, preferably in the consumer goods or related field
- Good communication skills, to be able to deal effectively with all levels of the organization and our suppliers / French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
- Strong PC skills; CAD software MS Office Suite
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.