Permanent position: Project Engineering opportunity with a manufacturing client located approximately 30 minutes East of the Durham, NC area. This position will be responsible to manage and contribute to projects (Process Engineering/ Product Engineering) through complete life cycle including Concept, Design, Development, and Implementation. This position is bonus eligible. Relocation is available.Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Collaborate with internal and external resources to conceptualize, write and execute Capital Projects to include design manufacturing/ assembly cells - layout, capacity, material handling, equipment selection using Engineering and lean principles
- Design and develop equipment, tooling, jigs and fixtures.
- Support New Programs Engineering activities (Welding & Paint) as needed
- Research, Develop, and Implement new processes and technologies as required
- Analyze, Test, and Execute countermeasures by utilizing problem solving methodologies.
- Other duties as needed
- BS in an Engineering discipline from and accredited institution.
- Approximately 5 or more years experience in a high volume manufacturing environment (automotive machining is a plus)
- Demonstrated proficiency in welding, CNC Programming, Process, Tool, and Gage Design and Implementation
- Experience in Automation Design for Material Handling and Gaging, Machine Tool Selection, and Creo 3D modeling are all a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.