Contract position: A Project Design Engineer is needed for a company that manufactures products for locomotives, freight cars and passenger transit vehicles, and builds new locomotives up to 4,000 horsepower in the Salem, Virginia area. This position will develop, maintain and manage project schedule, calculating time requirements and sequencing project elements. Create conceptual designs and detailed designs for parts and assemblies, assuring that designs meet customer and regulatory requirements. No per diem available. No travel is required. Responsibilities for the Design Engineer
Requirements for the Design Engineer
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans. Determines and assigns project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements.
- Specify components and assemblies using 2D drafting and 3D modeling software and text descriptions.
- Maintain and improve existing product lines. Review and judge non-conformances. Evaluate and implement suggestions and requirements from suppliers, customers and manufacturing.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited school. At least 3 years of experience working in an engineering product development project management environment.
- Experience with modeling, SolidWorks, and design are required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.