Contract position: Our client in El Segundo has an immediate need for a Production Scheduler join their team. In order to be successful in this role you must maintain and improve MRP system parameters and planning systems, generates and releases work orders, reschedules by Order Action reports, and maintains area capacity plans and product forecasts. You need to be an excellent communicator and able to speak with clients in regards to scheduling and provide excellent customer service. Must be able to perform in a high paced environment and work with and meet deadlines. Knowledge of SAP and Oracle would be a bonus! Responsibilities for the Scheduler
Requirements for the Scheduler
- Maintain all MRP to manage and schedule activities required for work order and capacity planning. Communicates with customers and coordinates material requirements.
- Monitors, tracks, reports, advises, and conduct production planning processes in order to ensure delivery requirements and expectations are met.
- Provides schedule and release direction for manufacturing orders. Coordinates the scheduling of orders with sales, manufacturing, engineering/prototype and other areas.
- Two (2) year degree or equivalent experience is mandatory.
- One or more years of experience in planning and scheduling position(s) in the cable and component planning.
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement.
- Very strong Excel Skills is required, and SAP experience is a bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.