Contract position: A Mechanical Engineer is needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the Sunnyvale, CA area. This position will identify and scope projects around innovation opportunities as well as technology risks. Develop and execute designs for complex computing infrastructure systems backed by thorough engineering analysis No per diem available. No travel is anticipated.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Take responsibility for the production of large-scaled industrial racking systems, including requirements gathering, concepts generation & detailed design, analysis & verification testing.
- Be a technical resource in multiple areas of product design such as thermal, structural, manufacturability, serviceability and reliability.
- Extensive experience in designing structural steel frames with an expert understanding of mechanical tolerances and ability to perform detailed tolerance loop analysis.
- Sheet metal expertise along with excellent facility with 3D CAD systems (Pro/Engineer Creo, Solid Works, Inventor).
- Strong background in mechanical design of seals, cable management and electrical interconnect systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.