Permanent position: A manufacturer of safety equipment for the transportation industry is looking for a Sr. Quality Safety Engineer in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL. This Sr. Quality Safety Engineer will play an important role in our client's product development process. The Sr. Quality Safety Engineer will be responsible to identify and assist in resolving system malfunctions in all stages of product development to ensure products meet the client's customer needs before launch. This is a direct hire opportunity and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Represent our client's interest to address transportation safety through a structured, proactive system safety program that evaluates transportation safety hazards & risks on the systems and manages those risks to reduce the rate of accidents, incidents, injuries, and fatalities.
- Develop effective customer relationships through ongoing communication, technical assistance, and customer service.
- Lead all aspects of Quality System Safety Engineering as a subject matter expert.
- Partner with the Engineering Team in all aspects of the System Safety Program.
- Develop and maintain system safety infrastructures of detailed, comprehensive and well structured System Safety Program Plan (SSPP), Preliminary Hazard List (PHL), Preliminary Hazard Analyses (PHA), System Hazard Analyses (SHA), and Safety Assessment Report (SAR).
- Identify performance degradation mechanisms, support failure analysis, investigate root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Conduct quality assessment and perform statistical analysis to ensure products meet quality and system safety requirements.
- Evaluate design, material, process and techniques used in production to meet product requirements.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or 3-5 years in System Safety.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer or 3-5 years in Quality Engineering.
- Experience with system safety standards (MIL-STD 882E and other similar safety standards), processes and best practices.
- Experience in leading cross-functional technical teams in multiple concurrent projects.
- Hands-on experience in system safety programs during product development lifecycle using Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Failure Modes, Effects and Critical Analysis (FMECA), Hazard Analysis.
- Relocation is available. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Vacation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.