Contract position: Engineering & Construction client is looking for twp Civil Construction Inspectors for long term Transportation projects in San Antonio, TX. You need 10-30+ years of QA/QC experience on transportation construction projects (highways, bridges, retaining walls, roads, etc...) with specific TxDOT project experience. Client is looking for candidates that are local to the San Antonio, TX area.Responsibilities for the Inspector
Requirements for the Inspector
- Serve as an Owner's Representative to TxDOT by inspecting & overseeing the Subcontractor's work
- Responsible for the management & performance of Quality Assurance & Quality Oversight inspections on transportation construction projects (bridges, roads, highways, paving, asphalt, embankments, retaining walls, etc...) valued over $75M
- Monitor Contractor and Sub-Contractor activities, to include verifying that project scope, schedule, quality & safety fully satisfy contract documents, including plans & specifications
- Monitor construction progress and provide project status updates to Management
- Communicate daily with Contractor's site and quality personnel regarding construction activities
- Maintain project documentation including daily work reports, quantity verification sheets, material/invoicing information, test and tabulation logs, photographs, etc
- 10-30+ years of specific construction inspection experience supporting Transportation construction projects related to bridges, roads, highways, paving, asphalt, embankments, retaining walls, etc...
- You must have some experience working on TxDOT projects as a Civil Inspector or Construction Inspector
- Must have ability to deal effectively with Contractor, Sub-Contractor, Testing Lab and various other on-site personnel
- Must have epxerience with concrete & asphalt inspections
- ACI and HMA Level 1 B certifications are needed
- Experience in TxDOT SiteManager software, as well as other TxDOT systems a plus
- Any TxDOT or TEEX training for work zone traffice control would be a PLUS
- PTO program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.