Contract position: A Sourcing Specialist needed for a utility holding company in the Minneapolis, MN area. This is for a service design position. This role identifies and vets potential vendors. No per diem available. Travel within Minnesota and Wisconsin to various project sites is expected to be up to 10% of the time.Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Negotiates price and terms for services, materials, equipment, and/or supplies from vendors. Formalize agreements according to company policy.
- Monitors vendor compliance with contract terms and product or service specifications. Identifies and realizes opportunities for cost reduction. Participates in internal control processes.
- 5+ years construction services based sourcing and contract management experience.
- Sourcing experience with power plant maintenance or construction is a plus. Business relevant graduate or higher degree is preferable.
- Detailed working understanding of Microsoft Office Suite is a requirement and a working knowledge of SAP is a preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.